Trying to get first place in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate World of Light food race? Here’s how to do it.
The gourmet food race is one of many interesting diversions to be found in World of Light, the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate single player campaign.
It’s easy enough to get a second and third place position in the race, but only top spot on the podium will unlock a new fighter to battle. (We’ll reveal which one at the end of these instructions.)
You only need 11 food items to win the race, but it can be surprisingly tricky to get them all. Here’s the best route.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Food Race route
Note: Our instructions are mapped to the directions on the Nintendo Switch controller’s left analogue stick.
- Following the flyby of the race course, head up, and then up again to grab the pear.
- Cross the star bridge, and the move down to collect the tea.
- Go right to pick up the glass of cola, then head down again to collect the baguette.
- Head right, and pick up the soup from the stoney path.
- Then go down to pick up the salad bowl.
- The next part can be tricky if you’re overeager, so go slow. Head right one space to the junction, then move up, go right again, and then up to get the bread.
- Go right and collect the shiny red apple.
- Head up to grab the tasty looking kebab.
- Finally, move right and pick up the roast chicken.
- The game will then take over and guide you to the finish line. You’ll collect the blackberries as you go.
You should now have the 11 food items you need to fight and unlock the King Dedede as a playable fighter.
Here’s a simple walkthrough that only lists the food items you need to collect. Let your stomach be your guide.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Food Race Food Order
- Salad Bowl
- Red Apple
- Roast Chicken
Enjoyed this article?
We hope you found it useful, or informative, or thought provoking, or maybe even a little entertaining. Perhaps it was a guide that helped you through a tight spot, or we even saved you some money? Lovely stuff! If you'd like to say "thanks" you could always buy the team a cup of coffee.
Recommended for you
Latest from Thumbsticks
Marvel’s Avengers is now free on PS4, PS5, PC, and Stadia
Square Enix opens up Marvel's Avengers to PlayStation, Steam, and Stadia players for the next three days.
Ori: The Collection bundles both games on one Nintendo Switch cartridge
Iam8bit, the specialist publisher of collector's editions, is bringing Ori: The Collection to Nintendo Switch later this year.
PlayStation Plus gets three games in August 2021
Sony reveals the free video games available to PlayStation Plus subscribers in August 2021.
The Xbox Games with Gold for August 2021 are pretty good
The Xbox Games with Gold lineup for August 2021 includes an underrated sequel and a flawed but fun homage to...
Krispy Kreme developing Nexus Level Doughnut in partnership with Xbox
This Krispy Kreme / Xbox mashup doughnut looks delicious, sure, but why is it called the "Nexus Level" doughnut?
Is Valve’s Steam Deck the perfect gateway to PC gaming?
With a simple and approachable device like the Steam Deck, will PC gaming finally get its hooks into console gamers?
The next Monster Hunter Rise event adds Okami’s Amaterasu
Capcom has announced that the next collaboration event for Monster Hunter Rise will feature Amaterasu from Okami.
This tech demo from Gears of War developer The Coalition is unreal
Unreal Engine 5 running on the Xbox Series X, that is.