Trying to get first place in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate World of Light food race? Here’s how to do it.
The gourmet food race is one of many interesting diversions to be found in World of Light, the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate single player campaign.
It’s easy enough to get a second and third place position in the race, but only top spot on the podium will unlock a new fighter to battle. (We’ll reveal which one at the end of these instructions.)
You only need 11 food items to win the race, but it can be surprisingly tricky to get them all. Here’s the best route.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Food Race route
Note: Our instructions are mapped to the directions on the Nintendo Switch controller’s left analogue stick.
- Following the flyby of the race course, head up, and then up again to grab the pear.
- Cross the star bridge, and the move down to collect the tea.
- Go right to pick up the glass of cola, then head down again to collect the baguette.
- Head right, and pick up the soup from the stoney path.
- Then go down to pick up the salad bowl.
- The next part can be tricky if you’re overeager, so go slow. Head right one space to the junction, then move up, go right again, and then up to get the bread.
- Go right and collect the shiny red apple.
- Head up to grab the tasty looking kebab.
- Finally, move right and pick up the roast chicken.
- The game will then take over and guide you to the finish line. You’ll collect the blackberries as you go.
You should now have the 11 food items you need to fight and unlock the King Dedede as a playable fighter.
Here’s a simple walkthrough that only lists the food items you need to collect. Let your stomach be your guide.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Food Race Food Order
- Salad Bowl
- Red Apple
- Roast Chicken
Recommended for you
New PlayStation 4 games: January 20-24, 2020
New Xbox One games: January 20-24, 2020
How to know if you have a shiny Pokémon in Sword and Shield
Hideo Kojima to deliver Death Stranding talk at GDC 2020
Grab big PS4 savings in the new PlayStation Store sale
Last chance to save in the PlayStation Store January Sale
Cyberpunk 2077 delayed by five months
A Metro Redux Nintendo Switch release is coming soon
Support Thumbsticks on Patreon, for as low as $1 a month, and you'll get a login to a speedy, ad-free version of the site.