Support hero Brigitte, the 27th Overwatch hero, has left the PTR and is available to players on all platforms.
You could argue that Blizzard have learned a lot about releasing heroes for Overwatch. The Sombra alternate reality game was not popular. Then Doomfist was teased for nearly as long as Negan in The Walking Dead, and he couldn’t really live up to the hype.
So when a new Overwatch hero just pops out of nowhere, like Ana, Orisa and Moira, you can see the growth and progression. The lore is strong enough, and the animated origin vignettes and accompanying comics are so beloved, that Blizzard don’t need any of that faux hype nonsense.
And the latest Overwatch hero, Brigitte, is another sudden appearance.
Brigitte, a support hero and the daughter of original hero Torbjörn, was announced and almost-instantly available on the PTR, around three weeks ago. Brigitte is a mechanical engineer like her father, but unlike daddy who’s renowned for building weapons, she specialises in armour and defense, rather like her godfather, Reinhardt.
Here’s a full list of Brigitte’s abilities:
- Rocket Flail – Brigitte’s melee weapon has an extended range, enabling her to strike multiple enemies with a single swing.
- Repair Pack – Brigitte throws a Repair Pack that can heal an ally. Any healing over that ally’s maximum health provides them with armour instead.
- Whip Shot – Brigitte throws her flail a long distance, dealing damage and knocking an enemy away from her.
- Barrier Shield – Brigitte deploys a frontal energy barrier to absorb a limited amount of damage.
- Shield Bash – Once her Barrier Shield is deployed, Brigitte can dash forward to stun an enemy.
- Rally – Brigitte moves faster and provides all nearby allies with armour that lasts until it’s removed by damage.
And a video showing them off:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gpVb578UUs&feature=youtu.be&dm_i=XF5% 2C5J8IG% 2C6W0EWT% 2CLGZXZ% 2C1
Brigitte is available now for all Overwatch players on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.