A new Nintendo eShop sale to accompany The Game Awards discounts an excellent batch of current and previously nominated Switch games.
The sale – which is running on the US eShop – isn’t huge, but there some brilliant games on offer. The recent port of CD Projekt Red’s The Witcher III is down to $41.99, as is Nintendo’s marquee Switch platformer, Super Mario Odyssey. Other big games to get price cuts include Doom, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Octopath Traveler.
Our personal favourites include the Crypt of the NecroDancer and its excellent Zelda-themed spin-off, Cadence of Hyrule. We also liked 2D actioner Katana Zero and Sayonara Wild Hearts.
We also recommend picking up Nomada Studio’s wonderful Gris, a game we called “minimalism and precision in motion.” The sale runs until midnight on December 18, 2019. Here’s the full list of discounted games.
Nintendo eShop Game Awards sale
- Cadence of Hyrule – $17.49
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – $29.99
- Celeste – $9.99
- Crypt of the NecroDancer – $3.99
- Doom – $29.99
- Gris – $8.49
- Katana Zero – $9.74
- Mortal Kombat 11 – $29.99
- Octopath Traveler – $35.99
- Sayonara Wild Hearts – $10.39
- Super Mario Odyssey – $41.99
- Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes – $14.99
- Wargroove – $13.99
- What Remains of Edith Finch – $11.99
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt — Complete Edition – $41.99
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus – $29.99
For more on The Game Awards, check out the full list of winners and our breakdown of every new game reveal. You can also stalk Thumbsticks on Twitter and Facebook to receive a daily dispatch of gaming goodness.