Super Smash Bros. Ultimate leads this week’s list of eShop video game releases for the Nintendo Switch.
It’s another busy week on the Nintendo eShop, but there’s only one game to start with. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is the fifth title in the series, and includes every fighter – plus a host of debutantes – in a game that has been previewed, teased, and leaked to death. Nevertheless, we’re still excited. See you on the battlefield.
Other big Nintendo Switch releases include racing sequel, Gear.Club Unlimited 2, from Eden Games, and Battle Princess Madelyn.
It’s also a good week for retro games, with a welcome return for Katamari Damacy, and Sega Mega Drive Classics doing what Nintendon’t by giving the Switch an excellent collection of 16-bit games.
Fans of the Wonder Boy series should also check out Game Atelier’s Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom.
This list is subject to change – expect a new NeoGeo or Arcade Archives release – so pop back for updates throughout the week.
Here’s the full lineup of new eShop releases.
Nintendo eShop releases – December 3-7, 2018
Monday December 3, 2018
- Demetrios – The Big Cynical Adventure – £8.99/$9.99
Tuesday December 4, 2018
- Atelier Meruru ~The Apprentice of Arland~ DX – £34.99/$TBC
- Atelier Rorona: The Alchemists of Arland – £34.99/$TBC
- Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland DX – £34.99/$TBC
- Battery Jam – £TBC/$TBC
- Gear.Club Unlimited 2 – £54.99/$59.99
- Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom – £34.99/$39.99
- Monica e a Guarda dos Coelhos – £13.99/$TBC
- Toki – £29.99/$29.99
Wednesday December 5, 2018
- Energy Cycle Edge – £3.81/$4.99
- Son of a Witch – £10.99/$TBC
Thursday December 6, 2018
- ACA NeoGeo Twinkle Star Sprites – £6.29/$7.99
- Arcade Archives Double Dragon II The Revenge – £6.29/$7.99
- Battle Princess Madelyn – £15.79/$19.99
- Beholder: Complete Edition – £11.99/$14.99
- Carcassonne – £17.99/$19.99
- Color Zen – Free (US)
- Conduct Together! – £17.99/$19.99
- Johnny Turbo’s Arcade: Wizard Fire – £7.20 (EU)
- Ivanych vs. Eared Beast – £2.07/2/39
- LongStory: A dating game for the real world – £8.99/$11.89
- ’n Verlore Verstand – £12.99/$13.99
- Rival Megagun – £TBC/$14.99
- RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures – £44.19
- Sega Mega Drive Classics – £29.99
- Ultimate Runner – £17.99/$19.99
Friday December 7, 2018
- Football Manager 2019 Touch – $39.99 (US)
- Hello Neighbor Hide and Seek – £24.29/$29.99
- Katamari Damacy Reroll – £TBC/$29.99
- Santa Tracker – £2.99/$2.99
- Sega Genesis Classics – $29.99
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – £59.99/$59.99
Yo-Kai Watch 3 also comes to Nintendo 3DS on December 7.
More Nintendo from Thumbsticks
- Interview: Tuning Gear.Club Unlimited 2 for the Nintendo Switch
- What’s the difference between Pokémon Let’s Go Eevee and Pikachu?
- GameCube Anthology Review
Special delivery for you
If you want to keep on top of the latest news, features, reviews, guides, and sales, we can send all our latest articles and great content straight to your inbox. You know, collated together, once or twice a week, in a newsletter. We wouldn't send them one at a time – that would be weird and annoying!
Recommended for you
Latest from Thumbsticks
New Nintendo Switch releases (June 21-25, 2021)
Mario Golf: Super Rush and Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 top this week’s lineup of new Nintendo Switch eShop releases.
New Xbox Series X|S releases (June 21-25, 2021)
Bandai Namco’s Scarlet Nexus headlines next week's lineup of new Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S releases.
New PlayStation Store releases (June 21-25, 2021)
Next week's lineup of new PlayStation Store releases sees some old favourites get a new lease of life.
You can now design custom Xbox Series X|S controllers
Let your imagination run wild – the Xbox Design Lab has re-opened, and you can now design custom Xbox Series...
Nintendo’s Doug Bowser clarifies the future of Animal Crossing after E3 absence
Fans hoping for an update on Animal Crossing: New Horizons at E3 came away disappointed. Worry not, says Doug Bowser.
Bethesda’s Pete Hines ‘sorry’ for frustration that Starfield won’t come to PlayStation 5
In an interview, Bethesda's senior vice president of marketing, Pete Hines, spoke to PlayStation fans, apologising for the frustration that...
Metro Exodus Xbox Series X|S and PS5 upgrade detailed
With Metro Exodus about to launch on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5, developer 4A Games has outlined some of...
Something was conspicuously absent from the Xbox E3 2021 conference
Master Chief? Present. Forza? Here. Sea of Thieves? Yarr! Bethesda exclusives? You bet. So why did it feel like something...