Nintendo has promised to continue support for the 3DS, stating that further games are on the way “in 2019 and beyond.”
In a financial results briefing, published on the Nintendo website, the company highlighted a number of previously announced 3DS games, set to release this year:
- Dillon’s Rolling Western: The Dead Heat Breakers
- Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido
- Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
- WarioWare Gold for 3DS
- Luigi’s Mansion
- Mario & Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story Bowser’s + Jr.’s Journey
In the report, the company stated:
“In addition to the titles currently on sale, we have announced the coming release of the titles shown here. We are even preparing new software for release in 2019 and beyond. Our plan is to continue maintaining this business by taking advantage of new titles like these.”
This will come as good news to 3DS owners who have yet to hop on board with the Switch – especially since the Switch isn’t truly portable in the way the 3DS is.
In other news, the Tatsumi Kimishima has stepped down as company president and been replaced by Shuntaro Furukawa.
Also on Thumbsticks
- When is the Nintendo E3 2018 Press Conference?
- Monster Hunter: World new update details
- The Razer Abyssus Essential is the manufacturer’s new entry-level mouse