Nintendo Switch System Update 10.0.0 adds several useful new features and new Animal Crossing player icons. Still no sign of folders, however.
The latest Switch firmware update is now available worldwide and adds a series of improvements and new features to Nintendo’s popular console.
The most welcome addition is the ability to completely remap Joy-Con and Pro Controller button and thumb stick inputs. Another useful new feature lets owners transfer software, update data, and DLC between the console’s system memory and an SD card.
Users can also now bookmark up 300 articles from the console’s news channel. Unfortunately, there’s still no sign of folders or any other organisational improvements to the Switch’s home screen.
We’re happy to see some Animal Crossing-themed player icons though. Come here, Wilbur, you loveable dodo.
Here’s the full list of updates taken from Nintendo’s support site.
Ver. 10.0.0 (Released April 13, 2020)
Added a bookmark feature to News.
This feature allows you to bookmark your favorite news items.
- A maximum of 300 news items can be bookmarked.
- An internet connection is required to view bookmarked News items.
- News items that are no longer available cannot be viewed, even if they were bookmarked.
Added an option to transfer software data between the system memory and an SD card.
- Users can now transfer downloadable software, update data, and DLC from the system memory to an SD card (and vice versa).
- Note that save data and some update data cannot be transferred to an SD card.
Added an option to remap the controller buttons.
- Analog stick and button configurations can now be changed for each paired controller.
- Custom configurations can be saved as favorites in System Settings > Controllers and Sensors.
- Custom configurations are stored on the Nintendo Switch system.
- Configurations can be customized for the following controllers: Joy-Con (L), Joy-Con (R), Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Button configurations can also be customized on the Nintendo Switch Lite system.
- This feature is not available for other controllers.
- On each system, up to five favorite custom configurations can be saved for Joy-Con (L), five for Joy-Con (R), five for Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Five configurations can also be saved as favorites for Nintendo Switch Lite.
Added a new section in User Settings for Play Activity Settings.
- The options for “Display play activity to:” and “Delete Play Activity” have been moved from Friends Settings to the new Play Activity Settings.
Added new selections to the lineup of user profile icons.
- Select from 6 new icons from the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game for your user.
General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience