Out of the Park Baseball 21 will hit PC in March.
Out of the Park Developments has confirmed that the 21st-anniversary edition of its baseball strategy game, Out of the Park Baseball 21, will be released on March 20, 2020.
The studio says the game will feature a wealth of new features and improvements, the most ever added to a single edition of the game in its long history.
It’s a long and impressive list, so here’s a quick rundown on some of the key features players can look forward to.
- Game Flow – A new guide that nurtures players through the OOTP experience in a way that is helpful for newcomers and veterans.
- Updated Live Services – Live Starts expands with the latest real-world team rosters, injuries, trades, and standings.
- Improved UI – A revamped interface including customisable player page statistics and player lists.
- New camera, animations and audio – New camera modes, angles and 3D player animations, as well as improved crowd and ambient audio during games.
- 3D Ballpark Construction Kit – A new tool suite lets players configure their own 3D stadium from a range of ballpark layouts and architectural elements.
- 2020 MLB rules, tactics, and strategies – The game reflects the new 26-man rosters, as well as the new 28-man September configuration.
Other improvements include a rebuilt scouting model and drafting mechanics. Add in customised leagues, updated AI, the addition of All-Star Weekend, and a host of under-the-hood updates. The online Perfect Team 21 card-trading game also returns with a raft of new features. All in all, the game promises to be a significant update for long-time players and a more accessible experience for newbies.
Speaking about this year’s game, studio COO/CMO Richard Grisham, says:
“Out of the Park Baseball 21 shows what a dedicated and devoted team can put together. The investments in infrastructure, live services, and AI coupled with the daily interaction with our fans has resulted in a title that we believe everyone will love. Out of the Park Baseball 21 offers enjoyable, authentic baseball experiences for every possible kind of player – and it will evolve all season long.”
The game is available to pre-order now from OOTP Developments web store with a 10% discount. All orders include early beta access from March 17, 2020. It will also be available via Steam on the official March 20 launch day.