The Pokémon Trading Card Game is getting a Sun and Moon expansion in 2017.
For many people Pokémon is synonymous with video games, be it the twenty years worth of releases on Nintendo consoles, or the recent Pokémon Go mobile phenomenon. But ticking away quietly in the background is the increasingly popular Trading Card Game (TCG). If Go brought new players to Sun and Moon, it’s possible that those games will bring players to the franchise’s long-running card game also.
Pokémon TCG: Sun & Moon is a beginner friendly expansion that equips players for their journey around the Alola region with same trusty starters from the recent Nintendo 3DS releases: Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio. The new add-on also introduces the brand new GX type Pokémon that has attacks so powerful they can only be used once per game. Crikey.
Sun and Moon Legendaries Solgaleo and Lunala are the first GX types to be added to the game, and they are joined by more than 40 other Pokémon, including new Alola forms and some old favourites. The expansion also features a revamped card design and includes a code to unlock virtual cards for play in the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online.
Pokémon TCG: Sun & Moon features
- Over 40 brand-new Pokémon: Taken from the Pokémon Sun and Moon video games on Nintendo 3DS
- New Alolan Pokémon: Regional variants of classic Pokémon
- Pokémon-GX: New super-powered versions of Solgaleo and Lunala, the Legendary Pokémon from the Sun and Moon video games
- New card design: New card artwork and design reflecting Alola region
- Booster packs: Packs of ten additional cards selected from the expansion
- Three new theme decks: 60-card pre-constructed decks designed to introduce players to the Pokémon TCG
Find out how to download Mythical Pokémon Meloetta to Sun and Moon.