Red Faction Guerrilla, the sci-fi shooter set on Mars, is being remastered and released on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
Somewhat outrageously, it’s going to be called Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered.
In a press release, THQ Nordic announced that the game will feature a number of visual improvements:
- Fully reworked graphics – Heavily reworked textures and graphic features adding for example specular maps.
- Improved shadow rendering
- Improved Lighting
- Shader and Post-processing rework
- Native 4k support for the finest up to date mars destruction experience ever
It’s currently scheduled for release in “Q2 2018,” meaning from now until the end of June.
THQ sets up the game, and emphasises its signature feature – those destructive environments:
“Set 50 years after the climactic events of the original Red Faction, Red Faction: Guerrilla allows players to take the role of an insurgent fighter with the newly re-established Red Faction movement as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force.
Red Faction: Guerrilla still defines the limits of destruction-based game-play with a huge open-world, fast-paced guerrilla-style combat, and true physics-based destruction.”
Originally released in 2009, Guerrilla is widely considered the series’ standout entry.
Also on Thumbsticks:
- Sea of Thieves death penalty feature won’t be added
- Save up to 70% in the Humble Store Rockstar sale
- Reminder: Spec Ops: The Line is free on PC for a limited time