The Nintendo Switch port of Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic has received a much-needed patch that also includes some fun cheat options.
For players of Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic on Switch, the biggest bad in the galaxy isn’t Darth Malak, Dark Vader, Emporer Palpatine, Supreme Leader Snoke, or even Jar Jar Binks. It’s the massive text box that covers the screen with the following message every time you enter combat:
“Combat Mode Engaged. Press the Disengage button to cancel.”
It’s the only wrinkle in an otherwise splendid port of BioWare’s classic sci-fi RPG.
Developer Aspyr Media promised to resize the text box late last year. And, following the release of a new patch, reduced to a more reasonable size the text box has been.
Update 1.0.2 also adds some fun cheat options. If you click the left stick three times during gameplay, you can adjust any feat, power or skill, add experience, turn on Turbo Speed, or spawn an item. Screenshot mode and a flight camera can also be toggled on and off.
Several other bugs are also addressed in the update. Here are the full patch notes.
Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic – Nintendo Switch Update 1.0.2
- The size of the combat message box has been reduced.
- Addressed a crash that occurred when opening a lockbox on Taris in Spanish.
- Addressed an issue where incorrect button icons would appear in some tutorial prompts.
- Addressed an issue where certain NPC voice lines were absent in gameplay
- Addressed an issue where the lightsaber icons for the Heart of the Guardian and the Mantle of the Force crystals didn’t match the blade colors.
- Addressed an issue where the colors for the full alignment icons are swapped.
- Japanese localizations have been added
- A number of cheats have been added to the game (these can be accessed by clicking in the left joystick three times).
Aspyr Media is currently working on a ground up remake of Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S.