Red Dead Online and FIFA 21 headline the first batch of Xbox Game Pass titles for May 2021.
Microsoft has officially confirmed May’s first wave of Xbox Game Pass titles. If you keep up to date with the biggest releases, there’s a chance you’ve played many of these games, but it’s a high-quality lineup nonetheless.
Red Dead Online is the online multiplayer component of Red Dead Redemption 2, now spun off into its own release. What began as a barebones experience is now packed with content and can easily be considered a complete game in its own right.
Another highlight is FIFA 21 from EA Sports. The franchise is quite rightly criticised for its nickel and diming FUT mode, but ‘on the pitch’ the game is in decent shape, and the Volta street football mode is surprisingly fun.
Other new Xbox Game Pass games include Dragon Quest Builders 2, which comes to Xbox on release day, and Ubisoft’s enjoyable snowsports sim, Steep. Here’s the full lineup.
Xbox Game Pass – May 2021 – Wave 1
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Console and PC) – May 4
- FIFA 21 (Console and PC) – May 6
- Outlast 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC) – May 6
- Steep (Cloud and Console) – May 6
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (Console and PC) – May 13
- Just Cause 4: Reloaded (Cloud, Console, and PC) – May 13
- Psychonauts (Cloud, Console, and PC) – May 13
- Red Dead Online (Cloud and Console) – May 13
- Remnant: From the Ashes (PC) – May 13
A few games are also leaving Game Pass in May. You can purchase any of the titles listed below with a modest discount before the end of the month.
Leaving Xbox Game Pass – May 15, 2021
- Alan Wake (Console and PC)
- Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 (PC)
- Dungeon of the Endless (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Final Fantasy IX (Console and PC)
- Hotline Miami (PC)
- Plebby Quest: The Crusades (PC)