Studio Wildcard release a stegosaurus-sized update for dinosaur survival game, ARK: Survival Evolved.
The free update is one of the largest that ARK: Survival Evolved has yet received, and includes new creatures, new music tracks, and – most importantly of all – two new hair styles. The update is available today for PC via Steam, and will come to console soon.
The pick of the new creatures is the Apis Lithohermaea, which to all intents and purposes is a giant bee. Mind you, the update also features a Shark with a laser beam, so it’s a close call.
The game also gets new TEK structures, including a Cloning Chamber, a Megalodon Saddle, plus new turrets and grenades. Quality-of-life improvements include some UI tweaks, fifteen new music tracks, console-style gamepad functionality and, of course, two new hairstyles.
Here’s a trailer showing off the new additions:
ARK: Survival Evolved – v257 update contents
- Creature: Apis Lithohermaea (Giant Bee)
- Creature: Kentrosaurus Aethiopicus
- Creature: Liopleurodon Magicus
- Creature:D aeodon Comedentis
- Structure: Tek Cloning Chamber
- Structure: Tek Megalodon Saddle
- Structure: Tek Turret
- Weapon: Tek Grenade
- TEK Cave & Volcano
- “Ascension” Game Progression
- UI updates
- New Hairstyle and Facial Hair
- 20+ New Explorer Notes
- 15 new music tracks
- Full console-style gamepad functionality
- Alpha Megalodon and APEX Loot for all Alpha creatures
ARK: Survival Evolved is available now via Steam Early Access, the Xbox One ID@Xbox program, and the PlayStation Store.