March’s Nintendo Direct included details of the next Super Smash Bros. Ultimate fighter, Bravely Default II, Panzer Dragoon: Remake, and even more classic video game ports.
Today’s surprise Nintendo Direct Mini was chockfull of Switch games, with a blend of new titles, last-gen ports, and game updates all due in 2020. It follows last week’s equally-packed Indie World broadcast.
New games included Capcom’s Shinsekai: Into the Depths, which was an early Apple Arcade highlight. If you like Metroidvanias, it’s well worth exploring and available today from the Nintendo eShop.
A trio of 2K games are also incoming, with BioShock: The Collection, XCOM 2 Collection, and the Borderlands Legendary Collection all arriving on May 29, 2020. A word of caution, however. Although each game will be released physically, they require significant downloads for the full experience.
The Direct also revealed that the next Super Smash Bros. Ultimate fighter will come from Arms. And if you need a reminder of that game’s character roster, it’s free-to-play until April 6 for Nintendo Switch Online subscribers.
Other highlights included more details of upcoming Square Enix RPG Bravely Default II and a confirmed release date for Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition. The Direct concluded with a closer look at Isle of Armor, the first content expansion for Pokémon Sword and Shield.
And finally, some words I never thought I would say. Thank you, EA. Burnout Paradise Remastered will race onto Nintendo Switch later this year. It’s about time.
Watch the full video below and read on for a quick rundown of all the announcements.
Nintendo Direct March 2020 annoucements
- Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition – Released May 29, 2020
- Borderlands Legendary Collection – Released May 29, 2020
- BioShock: The Collection – Released May 29, 2020
- XCOM 2 Collection – Released May 29, 2020
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 – Expansion pass trailer
- Shinsekai: Into the Depths – Available now
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Bunny Day runs from April 1-12. Next update due in April
- Good Job – Out now
- Catherine Full Body – Released July 7, 2020
- Ring Fit Adventure – Rhythm game update available now
- King’s Bounty II – Coming 2020
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Next fighter announced will be from Arms, due in June
- Arms – Full game trial for Nintendo Switch Online members available until April 6, 2020
- Bravely Default 2 – Coming 2020, demo available now
- Clubhouse Games – Released June 5, 2020
- Ninjala – Released May 27, 2020
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight – Jedi Academy – Out today
- Star Wars Episode 1: Racer – Coming soon
- Panzer Dragoon: Remake – Out now
- Trials of Mana – Released April 24, 2020
- Fuser – Due Fall 2020
- The Elder Scrolls: Blades – Coming Spring 2020
- Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus – Due May 2020
- Vigor – Closed Beta from April 9, 2020
- Burnout Paradise Remastered – Due in 2020
- Saints Row IV – Released March 27, 2020
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III – Released June 20, 2020
- Mr Driller: DrillLand – Released June 25, 2020
- Minecraft Dungeons – Spring 2020
- Pokémon Sword and Shield Expansion Pass – More Isle of Armor details
More video game news from Thumbsticks
Enjoyed this article?
We hope you found it useful, or informative, or thought provoking, or maybe even a little entertaining. Perhaps it was a guide that helped you through a tight spot, or we even saved you some money? Lovely stuff! If you'd like to say "thanks" you could always buy the team a cup of coffee.
Recommended for you
Latest from Thumbsticks
Ori: The Collection bundles both games on one Nintendo Switch cartridge
Iam8bit, the specialist publisher of collector's editions, is bringing Ori: The Collection to Nintendo Switch later this year.
PlayStation Plus gets three games in August 2021
Sony reveals the free video games available to PlayStation Plus subscribers in August 2021.
The Xbox Games with Gold for August 2021 are pretty good
The Xbox Games with Gold lineup for August 2021 includes an underrated sequel and a flawed but fun homage to...
Krispy Kreme developing Nexus Level Doughnut in partnership with Xbox
This Krispy Kreme / Xbox mashup doughnut looks delicious, sure, but why is it called the "Nexus Level" doughnut?
Is Valve’s Steam Deck the perfect gateway to PC gaming?
With a simple and approachable device like the Steam Deck, will PC gaming finally get its hooks into console gamers?
The next Monster Hunter Rise event adds Okami’s Amaterasu
Capcom has announced that the next collaboration event for Monster Hunter Rise will feature Amaterasu from Okami.
This tech demo from Gears of War developer The Coalition is unreal
Unreal Engine 5 running on the Xbox Series X, that is.
Xbox Ultimate Game Sale and Deals with Gold Highlights
This week's Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S digital sales features a new Deals with Gold lineup and the Ultimate...