Ubisoft reveal the contents of the Far Cry 5 season pass, which includes some frightfully weird additions and an old friend.
You’ve been to Montana, you beat the cult, and you even got the
lousy t-shirt hideous figurine of the cult’s leader. What do you do next, in Far Cry 5’s world?
Well Ubisoft would very much like you to purchase the Far Cry 5 season pass. Or alternatively, purchase the Far Cry 5 Gold Edition, which includes all of the season pass content.
“What content?” I hear you mutter. Why, this content:
- Hours of Darkness: Players will travel back in time to Vietnam to battle against Việt Cộng soldiers
- Dead Living Zombies: Players will face hordes of zombies in multiple b-movie scenarios
- Lost on Mars: Players will leave Earth behind to go toe-to-claws with Martian arachnids
For those of you who pick up the season pass or Gold Edition on console, you’ll also receive all of the single-player story content from Far Cry 3 Classic Edition as an added bonus, which is nice.
All of that stuff seems quite far-fetched, though, doesn’t it? Between the time travel and the zombies and the Martians, and then playing a different game from the series entirely, the Far Cry 5 season pass seems to be working quite hard to take you away from its more domestic – and ultimately, much more unsettling as a result – slice of (far-)right-on-your-doorstep Americana.
Which is a shame. All of that stuff from the main game, the stuff that’s making people feel uncomfortable? That’s what makes Far Cry 5 the most interesting game in the series for a long time.
Far Cry 5 launches for PC, PS4 and Xbox One on March 27th, 2018.
More from Thumbsticks
- Far Cry 4 free when you buy 12 months of PS Plus
- What are the Far Cry 5 system requirements, including 4K?
- Limited run Far Cry 5 Mondo Edition now available for pre-order