The Galarian Slowpoke is now available in Pokémon Sword and Shield. Here’s how to catch it.
January’s Pokémon Direct revealed details of a two-part expansion pass for Pokémon Sword and Shield. The Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra will be released in June and fall, adding two new areas to the Galar region, plus 200 extra Pokémon to discover.
A new update Pokémon Sword and Shield teases the expansion pass by introducing two new trainers, and a Galarian Slowpoke to catch.
To get your hands on the Galarian Slowpoke follow these simple steps.
How to get a Galarian Slowpoke
- Head to Wedgehurst train station
- Depending on which the version of the game you are playing, you’ll meet one of two new trainers – Klara in Sword or Avery in Shield – in the station lobby
- A Galarian Slowpoke will follow them into the station
- You can battle and catch the Slowpoke in the usual way. Use a Quick Ball to make swift work of it
- You can now add the Galarian Slowpoke to your team
It’s worth noting that the Galarian Slowpoke won’t be added to the Pokédex. We expect this will happen when The Isle of Armor DLC is released in June 2020.
Following the release of the content expansions, the Slowpoke can be evolved into a Galarian Slowbro in The Isle of Armor and a Galarian Slowking in The Crown Tundra.
Pre-purchase of the expansion pass is not required to catch the Galarian Slowpoke. However, if you do pay up front, you get access to a bonus Pikachu or Eevee uniform. Head to the Mystery Gift menu to redeem your new threads.