If you were at Nintendo’s Gamescom booth you might have picked up a card with codes for Shiny Xerneas and Yveltal Pokémon. Here’s how to redeem them.
The card contains codes for both Legendary Pokémon and are the same Xerneas and Yveltal event codes that have been in circulation from previous promotions. If you’ve already redeemed them on one game you can’t do it again on the same title. You can still redeem the codes on another valid title, of course.
Compatible Pokémon titles
- Pokémon Omega Ruby
- Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
- Pokémon X
- Pokémon Y
Shiny Pokémon move details
- Focus Blast
- Sucker Punch
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Foul Play
How to redeem your Pokémon code
- Go to Gamescom and get a code card – you’ve done this bit.
- Scratch the silver coating to reveal the code number – do not tweet or share this!
- Turn on your 3DS and make sure you can connect to the internet.
- Boot up the relevant Pokémon game and select the option for ‘Mystery Gift’ at the main menu.
- Then select ‘Receive Gift’.
- You’ll be asked if it’s OK to open a Communication Channel, say ‘Yes’.
- Then select ‘Get with code’
- Make sure you have some juice in the battery and say ‘Yes’ when asked if you want to connect to the internet.
- Sit tight, this is a Nintendo system.
- Next, enter the code and when asked if you want to receive the gift, say ‘Yes’.
- Repeat the process to receive the second Pokémon.
- Once received, your new shiny Xerneas and Yveltal can be obtained from the delivery girl who will be standing in any Pokémon Center you visit. Make sure you have a vacant spot in your party. You’ll also receive a Wonder Card for each that can be found in the ‘Mystery Gift’ menu.
And don’t forget, as part of Pokémon’s 20th Anniversary celebrations you can also download the Mythical Pokémon Arceus by visiting branches of Gamestop in the US, EB Games in Canada, and Game in the UK. You have until 24th August.
More on Pokémon from Thumbsticks.
- Pokémon NO: 10 places you shouldn’t play Pokémon GO
- Pokémon Go – Nostalgia is all relative
- The Biggest Problem with Pokémon X/Y: Team Flare