The My Nintendo rewards programme has been updated with new discounts to a range of classic Nintendo games.
Gold point rewards include 40% discounts on Virtual Console titles including Yoshi Touch & Go, and the original Metroid. Platinum points can be redeemed for discounts on titles including the Wii U’s Super Mario 3D World, and Super Mario 3D Land on 3DS.
There’s also a 40% discount on Nintendo 3DS launch title, Pilotwings Resort. It’s not a game that gets a huge amount of love, but for my money it’s a compelling – and frequently relaxing – flight simulation.
Nintendo recently announced that My Nintendo members will soon be able to use Gold Points to pay for Nintendo Switch games. In the meantime, here’s what you can spend them on:
Gold point discounts
- Adventure Island II (Virtual Console NES) – 40% off (20 points)
- Yoshi Touch & Go (Virtual Console DS) – 40% off (30 points)
- Metroid (Virtual Console NES) – 40% off (20 points)
- The Legend of the Mystical Ninja (Virtual Console SNES) – 40% off (35 points)
Platinum point discounts
- Yoshi’s Story (Virtual Console N64) 30% off (100 points)
- Super Mario 3D World – 30% off (250 points)
- Super Mario 3D Land – 30% off (200 points)
- Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition – 40% off (350 points)
- Pilotwings Resort – 40% off (400 points)
Bookmark our new releases page for regular updates on the games coming to PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo gaming consoles.