The first Nintendo Direct of the year dates a raft of new(ish) games for 2018.
Today’s much-mooted Nintendo Direct Mini revealed new games, old games, new DLC, and release dates for a range of titles.
The headline is the confirmation that Dark Souls Remastered is indeed a thing, and is indeed coming to Nintendo Switch on May 25, 2018.
Other upcoming ports of last-gen games include the welcome re-release for Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, perhaps the best 2D platformer ever created – there, said it.
In terms of new games, Mario Tennis Aces sees the return of a story mode to Mario’s long-running career on court, Kirby Star Allies is confirmed for March release, and Zoink’s Fe is dated for February 16, 2018.
Also announced for release in 2018 is new content for Super Mario Odyssey and Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle. And currently undated is a ‘Final Remix’ Nintendo Switch edition of Square Enix and Jupiter’s beloved Nintendo DS RPG, The World Ends With You.
Here is the full list of confirmed games and release date. Let us know what you think of the lineup in the comments below.
- Dark Souls Remastered – 25th May 2018
- Super Mario Odyssey Free update – February 2018
- Mario Tennis Aces – Spring 2018
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze – 4th May 2018
- Kirby Star Allies – 16th March 2018
- Pokkén Tournament DX Battle Pack – Available now, with content throughout Q1
- Dragon Quest Builders demo – Available now
- Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition – Spring 2018
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle DLC pack 3 – Spring 2018
- The World Ends with You -Final Remix- – TBC 2018
- SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy – Summer 2018
- ACA NeoGeo Art of Fighting 2 – Available now
- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA – Summer 2018
- Payday 2 – 23rd February 2018
- Fe – 16th February 2018
- Celeste – 25th January 2018
More from Thumbsticks
- Dontnod’s Vampyr gets ‘Making of’ video series
- Turok Dinosaur Hunter soundtrack re-recording out now