Blizzard are releasing Overwatch: Game of the Year Edition at retail next week.
If you have somehow missed the rise and rise over of Overwatch during the past year, we’re not sure what to say to you. Maybe you’ve just been sat on the fence, waiting for the right moment to dive in? If so, the boxed version of Overwatch: Game of the Year Edition might just be what you need to remove the wood from betwixt your buttocks.
Blizzard have confirmed that Overwatch: Game of the Year Edition will be available at all good retailers – and a few dubious ones, no doubt – from Friday July 28th, 2017.
In addition to the full roster of heroes, maps, and features, the Game of the Year Edition includes a number of digital extras for use in a host of other Blizzard games. It’s its own Blizzard loot box. Here’s what you get:
Overwatch: Game of the Year Edition contents
- Overwatch Loot Boxes – 10 bonus Loot Boxes, each containing a random selection of skins, emotes, victory poses, voice lines, sprays, and highlight intros
- Overwatch Origins Skins – Vintage Blackwatch Reyes or Strike-Commander Morrison skins
- Diablo III – Display your Overwatch allegiance with Mercy’s Wings
- World of Warcraft – Fight your way through Azeroth with a Baby Winston pet at your side
- Heroes of the Storm – Jump into the Nexus with Tracer and surprise your enemies in the blink of an eye
- StarCraft II – In-game portraits of Tracer, Reaper, Pharah, Winston, Bastion, and Soldier: 76
- Hearthstone – Overwatch-themed card back
Overwatch: Game of the Year Edition was previously released digitally back in May, and contains all of the same goodies.
More from Thumbsticks
- Doomfist punches out of the Overwatch PTR very soon
- First seven Overwatch League franchises announced
- Overwatch wins big at the Game Developers Choice Awards