Frontier Developments springs into action with details of the next Planet Coaster update.
The next expansion to popular coaster park sim, Planet Coaster, will roll out on April 11, 2017. The free update is a generous one too, adding three new rollercoasters, three new customisable flatrides and ‘Speed’ go-kart ride.
Planet Coaster’s Spring update follows December’s Winter expansion, which added a host of new rides, blueprints, shops and gameplay tweaks.
However, with great coasters comes great responsibility. The Spring update also adds an intriguing new ‘Crime and Security’ gameplay feature. With pickpockets and vandals moving in to cause mischief, it will be up to you to play warden and deploy security guards and use CCTV cameras to keep park guests safe.
Planet Coaster Spring Update contents
- Steel Hydra – Planet Coaster’s first suspended swinging coaster
- Trident – The first of Planet Coaster’s two new shuttle coasters
- Bakasura – Trident’s larger sibling, an inverted boomerang coaster
New Tracked Ride
- ‘Speed’ Go Karts – Design your own karting tracks using Planet Coaster’s track editor
- Elixir Machine – A 360 degree spinning, swinging and twisting coaster
- Big Wheel – The iconic classic Big Wheel
- ZoZo – The return of another vintage classic
Crime and security
- Guests may now vandalise park scenery if they are dissatisfied. Pickpockets will also infiltrate your park to steal other guests’ cash. Keep everyone safe with a team of security staff and CCTV cameras