Frontier Developments springs into action with details of the next Planet Coaster update.
The next expansion to popular coaster park sim, Planet Coaster, will roll out on April 11, 2017. The free update is a generous one too, adding three new rollercoasters, three new customisable flatrides and ‘Speed’ go-kart ride.
Planet Coaster’s Spring update follows December’s Winter expansion, which added a host of new rides, blueprints, shops and gameplay tweaks.
However, with great coasters comes great responsibility. The Spring update also adds an intriguing new ‘Crime and Security’ gameplay feature. With pickpockets and vandals moving in to cause mischief, it will be up to you to play warden and deploy security guards and use CCTV cameras to keep park guests safe.
Planet Coaster Spring Update contents
- Steel Hydra – Planet Coaster’s first suspended swinging coaster
- Trident – The first of Planet Coaster’s two new shuttle coasters
- Bakasura – Trident’s larger sibling, an inverted boomerang coaster
New Tracked Ride
- ‘Speed’ Go Karts – Design your own karting tracks using Planet Coaster’s track editor
- Elixir Machine – A 360 degree spinning, swinging and twisting coaster
- Big Wheel – The iconic classic Big Wheel
- ZoZo – The return of another vintage classic
Crime and security
- Guests may now vandalise park scenery if they are dissatisfied. Pickpockets will also infiltrate your park to steal other guests’ cash. Keep everyone safe with a team of security staff and CCTV cameras
Enjoyed this article?
We hope you found it useful, or informative, or thought provoking, or maybe even a little entertaining. Perhaps it was a guide that helped you through a tight spot, or we even saved you some money? Lovely stuff! If you'd like to say "thanks" you could always buy the team a cup of coffee.
Recommended for you
Latest from Thumbsticks
New Nintendo Switch releases for August 1-6, 2021
A Monster's Expedition, The Falconeer, and retro Picross headline this week's lineup of new Nintendo Switch eShop releases.
New Xbox releases for August 2-6, 2021
Apex Legends: Emergence is the big-ticket item on the list of new Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One releases this...
Marvel’s Avengers is now free on PS4, PS5, PC, and Stadia
Square Enix opens up Marvel's Avengers to PlayStation, Steam, and Stadia players for the next three days.
Ori: The Collection bundles both games on one Nintendo Switch cartridge
Iam8bit, the specialist publisher of collector's editions, is bringing Ori: The Collection to Nintendo Switch later this year.
PlayStation Plus gets three games in August 2021
Sony reveals the free video games available to PlayStation Plus subscribers in August 2021.
The Xbox Games with Gold for August 2021 are pretty good
The Xbox Games with Gold lineup for August 2021 includes an underrated sequel and a flawed but fun homage to...
Krispy Kreme developing Nexus Level Doughnut in partnership with Xbox
This Krispy Kreme / Xbox mashup doughnut looks delicious, sure, but why is it called the "Nexus Level" doughnut?
Is Valve’s Steam Deck the perfect gateway to PC gaming?
With a simple and approachable device like the Steam Deck, will PC gaming finally get its hooks into console gamers?