FIFA 20 holds on to No.1 as The Witcher 3 returns to the UK video games chart top ten.
Nintendo Switch games take five spots in this week’s physical game sales chart from Ukie and GFK. FIFA 20 once again tops the UK top ten – and there is a decent Switch version of that game available – but it’s the performance of The Witcher 3 and fitness RPG Ring Fit Adventure that is most noteworthy.
The Witcher 3 returns to the chart following CD Projekt Red’s ambitious port for the Nintendo Switch. The game is a minor miracle from a technical perspective, and its No.4 placing is well deserved.
We’re also slightly surprised by the strong debut of Ring Fit Adventure at No.5. It’s a solid performance for an expensive release that comes bundled with a plastic peripheral. It’s like 2008 all over again.
The only other new top ten entry is EA’s fun third-person shooter, Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville. Elsewhere, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe rises one place to No.3, swapping places with Ubisoft’s Ghost Recon: Breakpoint.
You can see the full top forty software chart for the week ending October 19 on the Ukie website.
Top 20 Entertainment Software Chart – October 19, 2019
- FIFA 20
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Breakpoint
- The Witcher III: Wild Hunt GOTY Edition
- Ring Fit Adventure (NE)
- Minecraft (Switch Edition)
- Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville (NE)
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Borderlands 3
More video games from Thumbsticks
- Remembering the early years of the Nintendo Game Boy
- Take a trip to the 16-bit era on the Sega Mega Drive bus
- Star Wars Episode 1 Racer getting physical re-release from Limited Run