Ubisoft Montreal, the developer behind Rainbow Six Siege, has put out a statement addressing the backlash over recent changes to the game.
Some content received a price increased, and premium loot boxes were introduced. In the statement, Ubisoft says, “Following yesterday’s announcement, we have seen the frustration from our current players rise to the top of the discussion.”
In addressing these concerns, Ubisoft has laid out a plan of action:
- For our current players, any of you that play an online match between now and March 6th will receive the upcoming Ash Sidewinder Elite skin for free. The Ash Sidewinder Elite will be automatically granted to your inventory at the launch of Year 3 Season 1.
- For our newcomers and those of you concerned about introducing your friends to the game, we will be keeping the Standard Edition in the store at the current price.
- For those of you who have raised concerns over the Starter Edition when it comes to acquiring Operators, we will be sharing more information about our next steps during the Six Invitational. We recognize that this has been a point of frustration for new players, as well as existing players bringing their friends into the game, and have been working on how to make this process more fluid.
It’s a show of care from a developer that has kept Rainbow Six Siege in excellent shape. After a subdued launch in 2015, its player base has climbed up to 25 million users.
Also on Thumbsticks
- The Week in Video Games – January 28, 2018
- The PlayStation Essentials Sale is now on
- Nintendo eShop releases for February 1, 2018
Want more neat stuff?
If you want to keep abreast of the latest news, features, reviews, guides, and sales, we can send all our latest articles and great content straight to your inbox. You know, collated together, once or twice a week, in a newsletter. We wouldn't send them one at a time – that would be weird and annoying!
Recommended for you
Latest from Thumbsticks
Nintendo Switch releases for July 26-30, 2021
NEO: The World Ends With You and The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles headline this week's lineup of new Nintendo Switch eShop...
New Xbox releases for July 26-30, 2021
Microsoft Flight Simulator and The Ascent headline the list of new games coming to Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One.
Battlefield 2042 beta set for September
Players can try out Battlefield 2042 this September ahead of an October launch.
Mario Golf: Super Rush review
Mayhem and mushrooms make Mario Golf: Super Rush another multiplayer delight for the Nintendo Switch.
Dead Space, Battlefield Portal and everything else at EA Play Live
Have you got those post-E3 blues? EA Play Live has you covered with a short presentation that packed a punch.
More great games join Xbox Game Pass from today
Microsoft Flight Simulator and Cris Tales are among the games joining Xbox Game Pass this month.
Hades wins big at the Game Developers Choice Awards
Hades and Ghost of Tsushima are the big winners at the 2021 Game Developers Choice Awards.
Umurangi Generation wins Grand Prize at the Independent Games Festival Awards
Umurangi Generation and Genesis Noir are among the winners at the 2021 Independent Games Festival Awards.