Ubisoft Montreal, the developer behind Rainbow Six Siege, has put out a statement addressing the backlash over recent changes to the game.
Some content received a price increased, and premium loot boxes were introduced. In the statement, Ubisoft says, “Following yesterday’s announcement, we have seen the frustration from our current players rise to the top of the discussion.”
In addressing these concerns, Ubisoft has laid out a plan of action:
- For our current players, any of you that play an online match between now and March 6th will receive the upcoming Ash Sidewinder Elite skin for free. The Ash Sidewinder Elite will be automatically granted to your inventory at the launch of Year 3 Season 1.
- For our newcomers and those of you concerned about introducing your friends to the game, we will be keeping the Standard Edition in the store at the current price.
- For those of you who have raised concerns over the Starter Edition when it comes to acquiring Operators, we will be sharing more information about our next steps during the Six Invitational. We recognize that this has been a point of frustration for new players, as well as existing players bringing their friends into the game, and have been working on how to make this process more fluid.
It’s a show of care from a developer that has kept Rainbow Six Siege in excellent shape. After a subdued launch in 2015, its player base has climbed up to 25 million users.
Also on Thumbsticks
- The Week in Video Games – January 28, 2018
- The PlayStation Essentials Sale is now on
- Nintendo eShop releases for February 1, 2018