Hideo Kojima’s Death Stranding debuts at No.2 in the UK video games chart top ten. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare holds the top spot.
The eagerly anticipated Death Stranding has entered the UK games chart at No.2. It’s the second biggest Playstation 4 exclusive of the year, behind April’s release of Days Gone. Anyone remember that game?
Activision’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare continues its run at No.1 for a second week, and last week’s No.2, the spooky Luigi’s Mansion 3, falls to No.4.
Other new entries include EA’s Need for Speed: Heat, which enters the chart at No.5 and Nintendo Switch exclusive Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo Olympic Games 2020, which pole vaults in at No.8. We expect a long tail for the latter, particularly as the Olympics Games don’t kick off for another nine months.
The Fortnite: Darkfire Bundle physical release – which is basically a download code in a box – squeaks in one place ahead at No.7.
As ever, it’s worth remembering that the chart only measures sales of boxed physical releases and does not take into account the increasing percentage of digital game downloads.
You can see the full top forty software chart for the week ending November 9 on the Ukie website.
Top 10 Entertainment Software Chart – November 9, 2019
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
- Death Stranding – NE
- FIFA 20
- Luigi’s Mansion 3
- Need for Speed: Heat – NE
- Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
- Fortnite: Darkfire Bundle – NE
- Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo Olympic Games 2020 – NE
- Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville
More video games from Thumbsticks
- Nintendo’s Bowser talks 3DS future and Joy-Con drift
- Death Stranding pre-orders open on Steam and the Epic Games Store
- Bethesda inadvertently invents social classes in Fallout 76 (updated)