Relive the glory days of 16-bit gaming in a new sale of classic Sega games on the Nintendo Switch.
In this era of loot boxes, micro-transcations, and day one patches it’s not hard to feel nostalgic for simpler times. Times when games were released in a finished state, when loading times were short, and when hedgehogs truly were sonic.
Whether you played them first time round, or are coming to these titles fresh, the new Sega sale on the European eShop features discounts on some excellent games from Nintendo’s one time rival.
Any one of the Sega Ages releases are worth a look. Ported by M2, each game is upgraded to 60fps, and includes a wealth of display and customisation options. Some titles – such as Out Run and Phantasy Star – even include new gameplay features.
If it’s quantity that’s important, Sega Mega Drive Classics is a collection of 50 games including the likes of Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, and ToeJam & Earl.
The sale – which runs until March 8, 2019 – also includes a price drops for Shining Resonance Refrain, and the brilliant remaster of tactical RPG, Valkyria Chronicles.
Nintendo Switch Sega Sale
- Sega Mega Drive Classics – €22.49/£22.49/CHF 26.25
- Shining Resonance Refrain– €24.99/£22.49/CHF 29.95
- Sega Ages Sonic The Hedgehog – €5.24/£4.49/CHF 6.00
- Sega Ages Out Run – €5.24/£4.49/CHF 6.00
- Sega Ages Thunder Force IV – €5.24/£4.49/CHF 6.00
- Sega Ages Phantasy Star – €5.24/£4.49/CHF 6.00
- Valkyria Chronicles – €9.99/£7.99/CHF 10.00
If Sega games aren’t your jam, this week’s crop of general eShop deals includes discounts for Gone Home, Gorogoa, and The Count Lucanor.