Nintendo highlights some upcoming indie games for the Switch in a new video, including details of three new games released today.
Nintendo has dropped a surprise Indie Highlights video which outlines some of the upcoming indie games heading to the Nintendo Switch in 2018 and 2019. Three games without previously confirmed release dates are also hitting the Nintendo eShop today.
Today’s releases include Cosmoscope’s team-based shooter, Morphies Law, which supports 4-vs-4 online multiplayer, and local multiplayer for up to eight players. It’s joined by real-time tactics game, Bad North, which we played – and loved – during The Mix during E3. Finally, the BAFTA-winning Prison Architect is also out today, and will be followed by ‘The Escape’ Mode DLC later this summer.
Other games confirmed for future release on the Switch include Windjammers, Windjammers 2, Children of Morta, Terraria, and This War of Mine from 11bit studios.
Here’s the full list of announcements:
Nintendo Indie Highlight release list
- Morphies Law – 20 August 2018
- Bad North – 20 August 2018
- Prison Architect: Nintendo Switch Edition – 20 August 2018
- Prison Architect: Escape Mode DLC – Summer 2018
- The Gardens Between – 20 September 2018
- Windjammers – 23 October 2018
- Windjammers 2 – 2019
- Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom – 6 November 2018
- Moonlighter – Autumn 2018
- Children of Morta – Early 2019
- This War of Mine – November 2018
- Streets of Rogue – Winter 2018
- Everspace: Stellar Edition – December 2018
- Baba Is You – Autumn 2018
- Slay the Spire – Early 2019
- Night Call – Early 2019
- Terraria – 2019
In addition, a new selection of indie games will be available as retail release download codes. Titles include Celeste, Dead Cells, Golf Story, Night in the Woods, and Hollow Knight.
Don’t forget to check out our weekly update of Nintendo eShop releases for Switch and 3DS.