A new update for the Xbox One version of PUBG has greatly increased the damage done to vehicles.
As per the full patch notes on Reddit, there is now “Increased damage to the vehicle body, and significant damage to the wheels when targeted with gunfire.”
In fact, a lot of the work that’s been done seems to be to clip the wings of keen PUBG drivers:
- Increased vehicle damage when successfully targeted with a grenade
- Both driver and passenger will suffer increased injuries from crashing into objects or other vehicles
- Slight reduction to player damage when being struck by a vehicle
Aside from the vehicle tweaks, there has also been the usual raft of bug fixes in this patch, with crosshair tweaks, auto-run being disabled when aiming down sights, and tweaks to the map view settings.
Recently, the Xbox One version of PUBG has rocketed past the four million player mark – that’s another million players joined in just two weeks. On top of this, PUBG Corp. has announced its plans to donate to a variety of gaming charities in 2018.
Also on Thumbsticks
- Gran Turismo creator says he’s already working on the next GT game
- Monster Hunter World captures top spot in the UK games chart
- Assassin’s Creed Origins gets a new game plus mode